It is very important to protect your system or device against the tremendously increasing cyber crimes. You can’t even think of being safe in the online world without a strong antivirus program. Today, there are different antivirus software programs available. One such strong antivirus software is the Norton Security software. It is easy to complete Norton Setup on your device. You can set up Norton if it is registered with your account. What follows is the procedure you need to follow to get Norton on your device (Windows PC, Android or IOS mobile devices).
Steps to Download & Install Norton Setup
The first thing you need to remember is that you should not have a Norton security product already installed on your device. If you want to download Norton, ensure that you don’t have any Norton antivirus program already installed. You can use the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall an already installed Norton product. Follow the steps given below to download Norton.
Norton Setup For PC
If you want to install Norton on your computer, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to Norton sign-in page.
- Sign in to Norton account.
To sign in to your already existing account, you need to sign in by typing in your sign-in credentials including your registered email address and the password you have set for your Norton account.
If you are not in possession of an already existing account, you need to create a new Norton account. For this, you need to click on the option of ‘Create an account’ and then complete all the steps required for sign-up.
- After you complete the sign-up procedure or log in to your Norton account, you will be redirected to the page ‘Get Started’.This page will have an option ‘Download Norton’.
If you have a Norton product key but haven’t registered that product key to your Norton account yet, continue by tapping on the button to type in a new product key.
- Next, you have to enter the Norton setup product key in the field provided for it. Click >.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the activation of the Norton product on your computer.
- Select the ‘Agree and Download’ option by clicking the button for it. If more than one product is available in your existing Norton account, you can select ‘Next’ after you have chosen the product you wish to download.
Note: If you have multiple Norton products in your account and are not able to find your desired product, you should select ‘Load More’ to view all products and then choose the product you need to download.
Further, if you have to install Norton on any other device, you need to click the option for sending a download link.
Norton For Mobile Devices
If you want to install Norton on your mobile device, you need to follow the steps given below.
For Android device
- Sign In to Norton from your android device.
- Enter your registered email address and password you have set to sign in to your Norton account when you are prompted to type in these sign-in details.
- Tap on the option of ‘Download Norton’ in the window of ‘Get Started’.
- If you have multiple subscriptions, select the subscription you wish to download out of the subscriptions available.
- Tap on the option of ‘Next’.
- By clicking on the option of ‘Get it on Google Play’ under ‘Download Norton from Google Play’, you get redirected to the play store of your Android device.
- Click ‘Install’ to start the procedure for the installation of the app.
- After the app installation procedure gets completely finished, tap on the ‘Open’ option.
- A Norton License Agreement will show up on your Android screen. Read it and then tap on the ‘Continue’ option.
Note: Norton Mobile Security runs security checks for your mobile like Live Update, App Adviser scan and Anti-Malware scan. After the setup gets completed, you can sign in to your existing or newly created Norton account to utilize all the features of it.
- Tap on the option of ‘Sign-In’ available under the Menu icon in the top-left corner.
- You will be prompted to type in your sign-in credentials for the Norton account you have. Enter your registered email address and set password for your existing Norton account.
- After you input your sign-in credentials, tap ‘Sign In’.
Note: If you face a problem during the installation of Norton Security for your mobile device, check whether you have the latest version of Google Play on your Android device or not. Further, check whether all the applications you have on your Android device are updated. If you find that any app or Google play is not updated, you must update it first to see whether the problem being faced by you goes away or not. If the problem doesn’t get solved, take the help of troubleshooting guidance available on help.norton.com.
For an iPad or iPhone
- Sign In to Norton on your IOS device.
- When you are prompted to input your sign-in credentials for Norton account, enter your registered email address and the password you have set for your account.
- Tap on the button of ‘Sign In’.
- After the window of ‘Get Started’ opens, choose the option of ‘Download Norton’ by tapping on it.
- After selecting the subscription you wish to download, continue by tapping on the ‘Next’ button.
- By tapping on the option of ‘Download on the App Store’ available under ‘Download Norton from App Store’, you get redirected to the App Store of your IOS device.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button after tapping ‘Get’.
- This step will initiate the downloading of Norton on your IOS device.
- When the downloading of it gets finished, launch the mobile security app by Norton on your device by tapping ‘Open’.
- A Norton License Agreement will be visible on your device screen. Read it and proceed by tapping ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Sign In’.
- Enter your registered email address and password and tap ‘Sign In’.
Note: Ensure that you are using the same email address that you had used at the time of purchasing Norton Mobile Security or Norton product including Mobile Security.
On a Different Device
If you have Norton setup on a device but want to install it on another device, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Send an email to your own email address that contains the instructions to follow to add another device and install Norton on that device.
- If you are signed in to Norton, proceed to the next step. If you are not signed in, sign in to Norton before proceeding to the next step.
- Select ‘Send a Download link’ from the page of ‘Get Started’.
Note: If you have multiple products in Norton, you need to choose the product you wish to download out of the available products in the account. If you don’t find the desired product in the products visible, select ‘Load More’ to view the full list of the products you have in your account.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Type in the email address accessible on your device and click on the ‘Send’ button. This step will send an email to the email address you typed in. This email will contain the instructions you need to follow to install Norton.
Note: You can also send the installation instructions to your mobile number in a text message on your mobile and copy the download link from there and share it on your email address.
- Locate the email received in your inbox sent from Norton Team on the device you want to install Norton on and open it.
- Click ‘Install Now’.
- Select ‘Agree and Download’.
- Save the downloaded file on your device and double-click that file to install Norton on the device. By default, the downloaded file is saved in ‘Downloads’ on every operating system, be it Windows or Mac.
- Follow the instructions you see appearing on the screen to complete Norton setup.
‘No License Available’ Message during Norton Setup. If you get to view the ‘No License Available’ message while downloading a Norton product, you need to check if you have Norton already installed on an unused device. If you find that you have Norton on an unused device, you can reclaim the Norton product key from that device by signing in to the Norton account you have and following the steps given below to remove that license from the device no longer in use.
- Sign In to Norton.
- Hover over the device no longer in use and click “…” from the page of ‘Device Security’
- Select ‘Delete Device’
- Confirm the removal of the device by clicking ‘Remove’ in the ‘Remove Device’ confirmation window
- Select ‘Done’
- If you want to use this Norton product key code to activate Norton security on any other device, click on the ‘Install on Another Device’ button.
- Follow the instructions on your device screen to download Norton setup and install it.
Troubleshooting Guidance for the Norton Setup | www.norton.com/setup
If you find any problem while doing Norton setup with key, you can always avail of the troubleshooting guidance from a remote assistance session with Norton agents. The Norton technical experts will work on your system and take care of the problem you are facing.
Further, you are sure to get the best technical guidance from Norton expert agents at help.norton.com. Norton agents are highly experienced and knowledgeable and you can get the following services if you access the troubleshooting guidance team of Norton expert executives.
- 24*7 availability of expert guidance to resolve your issues with Norton Product key or setup, installation/ un-installation or activation with Norton Removal tool
- Certified and experienced experts
- Budget-friendly expert troubleshooting guidance
- Complete security of your data
- Complete guidance for the resolution of compatibility issues
- No hidden charges
- Guaranteed satisfaction from customers
So next time you face issues with Norton, you can always access the best guidance at help.norton.com. You are sure to get the best expert advice for every sort of issue that makes the functioning an issue.