The Norton Security error 8504 is one of the installation errors that can occur while installing new software or while updating the existing norton software on your device. this error generally occurs because of corrupted or missing Norton Files. thus, you will have to repair the damaged files to complete the installation process. Below is the list of the scenarios where you might encounter Norton Security Error 8504.
- While installing the Norton security Software with an existing Norton Software or any other security software on your device.
- Failed installation of Norton Security Software because of some configuration issues will also lead to this error.
- Incomplete update of the norton security software
List of Norton Security Error 8504
Here is the list of the error message that will be displayed on your screen with Norton Error 8504
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton Error 8504 106
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton error 8504 and 100
Methods to Troubleshoot Norton Security Error 8504
As we have discussed above the causes that can lead to this error. You will have to resolve all the possible issues that can cause this error in order to fix it. We have mentioned below some of the Quick Methods which can easily fix this issue.
Method: 1 Uninstall Existing Security Tool
the existing security tools on your device might be creating an issue and not allowing the software to be installed on your device. Hence, you can try uninstalling the existing Security software from your device to install the Norton secure software successfully.
- To uninstall the existing security software on your device. Click on the start menu and open the control panel window.
- Now go to the program and features the option to see the list of all the programs and software on your device.
- now from the list select the antivirus/security tool you want to uninstall and then click on Uninstall/change.
- After that, click on the uninstall button from the confirmation window and enter your administrator password when prompted.
- Now complete the installation process as promoted and wait until the process completes.
- Now restart your device, once the software is successfully uninstalled from your device.
Method:2 Try Norton Removal And Reinstall Tool
If even after uninstalling the existing security software, if you are still not able to install/update the norton security software on your device then you can make use of the Norton Removal And Reinstall tool. it’s an automated tool that will remove the Norton Security Software from your device and then re-install it again without any error. You can follow these steps to use the Norton Removal Tool.
- Go to the Official Website of Norton Security and Download the latest release of the Norton Removal Tool.
- Now run the installation file and then complete the instructions to successfully install the software on your device.
- Run the Norton removal tool and click on the advanced options.
- now choose the “Remove Only” option and then click on the Remove button and then restart your device.
Method: 3 Try Updating Drivers
- Go to your desktop screen and right-click on My Computer and choose Manage Option.
- Now go to the device manager tab and then double-click on Display Adapters.
- Now from the display adapters window, choose the HD Graphics Card and right-click on it.
- Now click on “Update Driver Software” and then wait until the update process completes.
- You can even check the update status of the driver by pressing alt+enter.
- Now if the HD Graphics card is updated successfully, close the window and restart your computer.
Once you are done, try installing the Norton Security Software to ensure the error has been resolved. In case, If the error still persists then you might need to use the Norton AutoFix tool to resolve this error. you can learn below how to use the Norton Autofix tool.
Method: 4 Try Using Norton Autofix Tool
The Norton Autofix tool is an automated tool that is provided by norton to resolve unexpected errors. It will run a complete scan and diagnose the error automatically.
- Double-click on the Norton Icon from the desktop to open the software.
- Now go to the menubar and click on Help and then click on “Get Support”.
- Now from the Norton Autofix Window, select the issue and then wait until it runs the diagnose process.
- If there is any pop-up for system availabilities issues then click on skip and then restart your device.
If the Autofix tool will be unable to resolve the issue then it will redirect you to the customer assistance team at norton. you can contact them to resolve this issue.